Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great emails....wanted to share them

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

Great emails....wanted to share them Empty
PostSubject: Great emails....wanted to share them   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:06 am

I get so many good emails with great messages....I thought I'd create a thread to share them in. Please post any good ones you get about God in here....and if they're funny or something start this kind of thread in the humor section too.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Heaven and Hell   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:10 am

A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, "Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful.
But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.

The Lord said, "You have seen Hell."

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The holy man said, "I don't understand."

It is simple," said the Lord.
"It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves."

When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you. Its estimated 93% won't forward this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward this with the title "7%.

I'm in the 7%

Remember that I will always share my spoon with you.

Last edited by brknangel on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Our Heavenly Father   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:12 am

Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of passage?
His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him
alone. He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not
remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through
it. He cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night,
he is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because
each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally
terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be
all around him. Maybe even some human might do him harm. The wind blew
the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never
removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a
man! Finally, after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed
his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on
the stump next to him. He had been at watch the entire night,
protecting his son from harm. We, too, are never alone. Even when we
don't know it, our Heavenly Father is watching over us, sitting on
the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we have to do is reach
out to Him.

If you liked this story, pass it on. If not, you took off your blindfold
before dawn...

Last edited by brknangel on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Are you a carrot, egg or coffee?   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:15 am

Are you a carrot, egg or coffee?

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things
were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and
wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as
one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and
placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first, she
placed carrots; in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed
ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without
saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots
out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a
bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her
daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did
and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take
an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the
hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter
smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, "What does it
mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same
adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in
strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the
boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its
thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting
through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee
beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had
changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your
door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with
pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat?
Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a, a breakup, a financial hardship or
some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my
shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff
spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the
very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it
releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are
at their worst, you get better and change the situation
around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do
you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity?

Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you
strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they
just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest
future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in
life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone
around you is crying.

You might want to send this message to those people who mean something to
you (I JUST DID); to those who have touched your life in one way or
another; to those who make you smile when you really need it; to those
who make you see the brighter side of things when you are really down; to
those whose friendship you appreciate; to those who are so meaningful in
your life.

Last edited by brknangel on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: What is an American?   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 6:04 am

Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

You probably missed this in the rush of news, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper, an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one.(Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence , which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America , The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself . Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom.

Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Please keep this going!

Pass this around the World ?

Then pass it around again.

It says it all, for all of us

Thanks!

Last edited by brknangel on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: A Letter from Jesus   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:08 am

Dear Children,
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santa's and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grapevine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary -- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.

10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.

Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest.

Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember :

I LOVE YOU,

JESUS

For Christmas this year with my grand daughters, instead of spending a bunch of money on the latest toys, clothes, and gadets, wrapping them all up in expensive colored paper to be torn off and thrown away, I am doing something different. I took the day off work to go get them early and spend an extra precious night with them. Today I am giving them a pedicure and manacure.. at my house myself. Then a facial, and a little light make up to make them feel special...... and beautiful as they already are. As I do these things I am going to be taking alot of pictures and talking about the birth of Jesus, and the awesome love He has for them....... and everyone. Later we are going to get all "dolled up", and go somewhere really nice to eat, spend time and enjoy each others company. Having them is my special Christmas present and truely a gift from God.

The thing I want most for Christmas this year is for all my friends and loved ones to be happy, safe, healthy and blessed by God. I am very blessed everyday to have each of you in my life. My special prayer is for my friend Vanessa...... I love you Vanessa.. and we will survive..... one day at a time, some times one minute at a time, but we are strong, in the face of tragedy we prevail, we live, and we fight !!!!!!! With God covering our back....... we never lose....... we go on.... we march on... and we conquer!!!!!! We have no fear!!!!!!!!! Our shattered hearts will slowly mend, a piece sadly missing here on Earth..... but one day will be reunited and whole again forever.
Merry CHRISTmas, Rhonda

Last edited by brknangel on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Why Does God Allow Pain?   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:14 am

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen...

A man went to a barbershop to have
his hair cut and his beard trimmed.

As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.

They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:

"I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.

Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?

Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither
suffering nor pain.

I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment,
but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.

The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.

He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:

"You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist!

That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help.

That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

If you think God exists, send this to other people---

If you think God does not exist, delete it!

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS !!!!!
Come unto me, ye who are weary and overburdened, and I
will give you rest.
- Matthew 11:28
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Wash Day   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:26 am

Wash Day...........
Now, this is really a cute one. . . .and I've not seen it before, either!! That is getting to be a rarity!!!
Monday WashDay
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.
Tuesday Ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.
Wednesday Mending Day
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
set a bad example for others.
Thursday Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.
Friday Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.
Saturday Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.
Sunday The Lord's Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.
If this message has inspired you in any way or you feel that it can brighten someone else's day, please forward it.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: The Heart   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 am

The
Heart

Please send this back but only if you mean it!

"Tomorrow
morning," the surgeon began,
"I'll open up your heart..."

"You'll
find Jesus there," the boy
interrupted.

the surgeon looked up,
annoyed "I'll
cut your heart open," he continued,
to see how much damage
has been
done..."

"but when you open up my heart, you'll
find
Jesus in there," said the boy.

The surgeon looked to the parents,
who
Sat quietly. "When I see how much
damage has been done, I'll sew your

heart and chest back up, and I'll plan
what to do next."

"But
you'll find Jesus in my heart. The
Bible says He lives there. The
hymns
all say He lives there. You'll
find Him in my heart."

The surgeon had
had enough. "I'll tell
you what I'll find in your heart.
I'll find damaged
muscle, low blood
supply, and weakened vessels.
And I'll find out if I can
make you well."

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives

there."

The surgeon left.

The surgeon sat in his office,!
recording his notes from the surgery,
"...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary
vein, widespread muscle
degeneration.
No hope for transplant, no hope for
cure. Therapy:
painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:
here he paused,
"death within one year."

He stopped the recorder, but there
was
more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.
"Why did You do this? You've
put
him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an

early death. Why?"

The Lord answered and said, "The boy,
my lamb,
was not meant for your
flock for long, for he is a part of My
flock, and
will forever be.
Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be
comforted as you
cannot imagine.

His parents will one day join him
here,
and they will know peace, and
My flock will continue to grow."

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his
anger was hotter. "You created
that
boy, and You created that heart. He'll
be dead in months.
Why?"

The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb,
shall return to My flock,
for He has
done his duty: I did not put My lamb
with your flock to lose
him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."
The surgeon wept...

The surgeon
sat
beside the boy's bed; the boy's
parents sat across from him. The boy
awoke and whispered, "Did you cut
open
my heart?"

"Yes," said the
surgeon.
"What did you find?" asked the boy.

"I found Jesus there,"
said the
surgeon.

Author Unknown - Celebrate Jesus in 2007

If
you aren't ashamed to do this,
please follow the directions
listed
below:

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you
before
my Father."

I Am Not Ashamed.

Pass this on only
if
you mean it. "Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence
and
Savior. He keeps me functioning each
and everyday. Without Him, I will
be
nothing. Without him, I am nothing,
but with Him I can do all things
through
Christ that strengthens me."
(Phil 4:13)

This is the
simplest test. If you Love
God, and are not ashamed of all the
marvelous
things he has done for you.
Send this to ten people and the
person who
sent it to you.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Good Words to Live By   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:39 am

A Word from Billy Graham

"The world in which we live is full of pessimism. No Christian has the scriptural right to go around wringing his hands wondering what we are to do in the face of the present world situation. The Scripture says that in the midst of persecution, confusion, wars and rumors of wars, we are to comfort one another with the knowledge that our Lord Jesus Christ is coming back in triumph, glory and majesty (1 Thessalonians 4:18). Many times when I go to bed at night I think to myself that before I awaken Christ may come. Sometimes when I get up and look at the dawn I think that perhaps this is the day He will come. He has told us Christians to be watching constantly and to be ready, 'for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect' (Matthew 24:44, NKJV). Do you think Christ will come today? 'Probably not,' you say. It is on just such a day that He may come. What a glorious time of reunion it's going to be, when we shall be caught up with Him!"
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Are You In the 86%??   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 8:49 am

My friend Rhonda sent me this and she always has to add in her two cents...lol...so she did...!

Well..... those of you that know me will know I had to add my comment to this....lol.. and as a rule I am a little wordy. I kept the writer inside of me suppressed for many years, and now I am hard pressed to keep her quiet..lol. My writing has become as life sustaining to me as the oxygen I breathe, and the words inside of me refuse to stay caged up anymore. I would like to thank my friend Norma for sending me this, and all my friends that take the time to read the things I write. My comments are at the end.....

DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view .. it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,
right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,
a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington , D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as 'The Father of Our Constitution' made the following statement:

' We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.'

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law . an oligarchy

the rule of few over many.

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.

Chamber , US House of Representatives

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn...
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or 'In God We Trust' on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!

HONORED TO BE IN THE 86% AND SPEAKING OUT FOR MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.

by Rhonda E

Is it not an awesome feeling to know that we serve such a powerful God, that the mere mention of His name, or a few bowed heads for Him can stir up such a fuss, not only with the "leaders" of our country, but all over the world. Now that is true power!
I am no Bible scholar by any means, but I do have very deep and firm Christian roots, and I have felt the power of God in my life. Having a passion, and being on fire for God is one of the most exhilarating and exciting feeling in the world. Frankly, I don't understand why people choose to do drugs to get high.. they cost alot of money, they are definitely hard on your body, and you can go to jail for having them. Which takes me to my next paragraph.
The days of Christians being arrested for our belief in God is at the door steps of our homes right now. I, myself believe that there is not alot we can do to stop this. It is something we have read about and been taught all our lives and something that will come to pass regardless. Our job as believers is to keep believing, keep fighting, and to bring as many lost souls to Christ as we possible can in the midst of all this turmoil. The USA has been one of the strongest nations in the world because of our belief and foundation, "one nation under God." In a way, all the freedoms that this country stands for has turned into a double edged sword for Christians.
A friend of mine sings this song called "Will You Ride", and every time I listen to it, the picture I see in my mind, and the feeling I get from it is breath taking. Part of it says "He has fire in his eyes and a sword in his hand. He's riding a white horse across this land. He's calling out to you and me right now, will you ride with me? The fire in his eyes is for his bride, a burning desire for her to be with him now, right by his side. Please say yes Lord, we will stand up and fight, in the armies of heaven, we will be dressed in white. Yes Lord we will ride with you." I can see that scenario so vividly, and almost feel the brush of His white robe as He gallops past calling us to follow Him. Imagine the look in his eyes, He knows this is His day, and with the cross behind Him, He is a warrior now, and we are His army.
All the wars that have been fought through time are no comparison to the last war that will be fought on this earth. Again, as Christians, we already have the insight on who will win that war. All the suppression that is being inflicted on us now, is just preparing us for that final battle. I don't know about anyone else, but knowing I am already on the winning side is half the battle, and keeping my faith strong, speaking out for God, and bringing more warriors in is the other half. Being there on that final day, and seeing every knee bow, and every tongue confess that my Jesus is Lord will be worth what ever I have to go through to get there
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Prayer in Tennessee   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:40 pm

True Statement - Found it so on Snopes.com

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, by school Principal, Jody McLeod.

'It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country.'

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at
this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it 'an alternate lifestyle,' and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, 'safe sex.' If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a 'viable! means of birth control.' If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as 'Earth Day' and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess 'Mother Earth' and call it 'ecology.'

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as 'simple minded' and 'ignorant' and call it enlightenment.'

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical . Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical... I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall 'Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's,' and refrain from praying at this time.

'However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet.'

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of 'Justice' in the 'one nation, under GOD.'

Somehow, Kingston, Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion. Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

JESUS said, 'If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.'

If you are not ashamed, pass this on .
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: A Wake Up Email   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 am

Read only if you have time for God
Let me tell you, make sure you read all the way to the bottom. I almost deleted this email but I was blessed when I got to the end
God, when I received this e-mail, I thought...
I don't have time for this... And, this is really inappropriate during work.
Then, I realized that this kind of thinking is.... Exactly, what has caused lot of the problems in our world today.
We try to keep God in church on Sunday morning...

maybe, Sunday night...

And, the unlikely event of a midweek service.
We do like to have Him around during sickness...

And, of course, at funerals.

however, we don't have time, or room, for Him during work or play...

Because.. That's the part of our lives we think... We can, and should, handle on our own.
May God forgive me for ever thinking...
That... there is a time or place where..

HE is not to be FIRST in my life.

We should always have time to remember all HE has done for us .

If, You aren't ashamed to do this...

Please follow the directions.
Jesus said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'

Not ashamed?

Pass this on ONLY IF YOU MEAN IT!!

Yes, I do Love God.

HE is my source of existence and Savior.
He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing. But, with Christ, HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
this is the simplest test.

If You Love God.... And, are not ashamed of all the marvelous things HE has done for you...

Send this to ten people and the person who sent it to you!

Now do you have the time to pass it on?

Make sure that you scroll through to the end.

Easy vs. Hard

Why is it so hard to tell the truth but Yet so easy to tell a lie?

Why are we so sleepy in church but Right when the sermon is over we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e-mail, but yet we forward all of the nasty on es?

Of all the free gifts we may receive, Prayer is the very best one....

There are no costs, but wonderful rewards... GOD BLESS!

Notes: Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.
Isn't it funny how someone can say 'I believe in God' but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also 'believes' in God).

Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing?

ISn't it funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your addr ess list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Isn't it funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.

I pray, for everyone who sends this to their entire address book, they will be blessed by God in a way special for them.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Important Email about Oprah   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:40 am

"Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age - Christ -Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed and, this false New- Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the help of the queen of television talk
shows, Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a lesson a day and completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles "Workbook."

Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly states: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought reversal."

The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside down. Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her stud io audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York Times bestseller list .

A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation" from "Jesus" to help humanity work through these troubled times.
his "Jesus" who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's -Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen Schucman.

One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This is a course in miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as "Jesus." Here are some quotes from the "Jesus"
voice of A Course in Miracles :

"There is no sin . . . " A "slain Christ has no meaning."

"The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."

"Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross.'"

"The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many
names of all the gods to which you pray."

"The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."

"The Atonement is the final lesson the [man] need to learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no
need of salvation."

Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the "brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would
produce more peace in the world,

The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness continues to be sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as
Schuller prepares to host a January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal Cathedral

King James Version (KJV)
2 Timothy 3

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents,
unthankful,unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

CHRISTIANS TAKE HEED......RESEARCH YOUR CANDIDATES VERY CAREFULLY....PRAY AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS.... DON'T BE LEAD BY OTHERS.... MAKE YOUR OWN STANCE, AND MAKE IT COUNT FOR WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS FOUNDED UPON.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Defending the Boy Scouts   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:42 am

Values Worth Fighting For

In his initial foray as an author, Governor Rick Perry defends the venerable and much-beloved American institution the Boy Scouts of America. His book -- "On My Honor: Why the American Values of the Boy Scouts Are Worth Fighting For" -- is a stirring defense of the Boy Scouts character-building legacy and an indictment of the liberal secularist movement that is intent on destroying traditional American values.

Defending Scouting's "duty to God", its right to determine its membership, and the values it teaches young men, Gov. Perry makes a passionate case that Scouting is as relevant today as it was when it was first formed 100 years ago. Gov. Perry believes that for Scouting to continue to have a positive influence in our society, we must protect this venerable institution from the false secular doctrine that teaches morality is relative and that has elevated "self" to a place of worship worthy only of God.

To purchase a copy of Governor Perry's book -- and to read what others are saying about this groundbreaking defense of Scouts -- go to www.onmyhonorthebook.com. All net proceeds from "On My Honor", will go directly to the Boy Scouts of America's legal defense.

The war against the Scouts has heated up once again. The secular left has begun filing suits against entities that provide public space to Scout troops. Sadly, they are winning some of these cases.

The Boy Scouts of America needs a few good men and women. Will you support their cause by ordering a copy of Governor Perry's book?
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Way to go Chuck!!!!   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Chuck Norris on Oprah's Religion by Diane Singer

In an article titled 'Oprah's New Easter,' Chuck Norris has weighed in on the Eckhart Tolle book and Oprah's related online course called A New Earth.

Chuck nicely summarizes the tenets of Tolle's belief system, with this evaluation:

Like most self-help spiritual texts of this type, it is a blend of half-truths and half-fabrications. One easily could save the purchase price of 'A New Earth' -- and subsequently avoid its misleading remarks -- by reading the Bible, which gives a much more thorough and accurate picture of life's purpose and the methods for overcoming its obstacles.... The reason Tolle's psychology and spirituality is marketed so easily is that it is an eclectic mix of conventional and unconventional wisdom, and Western and Eastern beliefs, presented in a tolerant, non-threatening and nonsectarian way. In other words, it's Religion Light, in which one can be spiritual with little down and no credit.

I have long thought that Oprah Winfrey is one of the most dangerous women in America She's intelligent, funny, charming, charismatic, dynamic, persuasive, and generous, but she is using those qualities to promote a worldview that is anti-Biblical to the core. Every time I see her on TV, I think of how the devil disguises himself as an angel of light. If it's true that she once believed in Christ, then I can only lament how she has fallen away from her first love, and how she is leading so many others astray. She needs our prayers that she will return to Jesus, and then turn her considerable talents back to serving Him instead o f a false teacher like Tolle.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Twelve   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:58 pm

There are 12 months/ 12 disciples/ 12 tribes of Israel . There is nothing attached. Just send this to twelve others. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, just a lot of reward. Make sure you pray, and pray believing God will answer. May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced. May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God. Now send this to 12 people within 5 minutes and remember to send this back.... I count as 2, you'll see why. Suggestion: copy and paste rather than forward.

Much love to you all,
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: I am one of the 7%   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyWed May 14, 2008 8:02 pm

A Voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea
And only two of the men on it were able
To swim to a small, desert like island.
The two survivors, not knowing what else to do,
Agree that they had no other recourse
But to pray to God.
However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful,
They agreed to divide the territory between them
And stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing the first man prayed for was food.
The next morning, the first man saw
A fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land,
And he was able to eat its fruit

The other man's parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man was lonely
And he decided to pray for a wife.
The next day, another ship was wrecked,
And the only survivor was a woman
Who swam to his side of the land.

On the other side of the island,
There was nothing.

Soon the first man prayed for a house,
Clothes, more food.
The next day, like magic,
All of these were given to him.

However,
The second man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship,
So that his wife and he could leave the island.
In the morning, he found a ship docked
At his side of the island.

The first man boarded the ship with his wife
And decided to leave the second man on the island.
He considered the other man unworthy
To receive God's blessings,
Since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave,
The first man heard a voice from Heaven booming,

'Why are you leaving your companion on the island?'

'My blessings are mine alone,
Since I was the one who prayed for them,'
The first man answered.
'His prayers were all unanswered,
And so he does not deserve anything.'

'You are mistaken!'
The voice rebuked him.
'He had only one prayer,
Which I answered.
If not for that, you would not have
Received any of my blessings.'

'Tell me,' the first man asked the voice,
'what did he pray for that I
Should owe him anything?'

'He prayed that all your prayers be answered.'

For all we know, our blessings are not
The fruits of our prayers alone,
But those of another praying for us.

When Jesus died on the cross
He was thinking of you!

If you are one of the 7%
Who will stand up for him
Forward this with the title
'I am one of the 7%'.

93% of people won't forward this.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Calling all Prayer Warriors   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 am

Passing this on, author unknown..

I was very dismayed when, recently, a family member of
mine said to me with great resignation that Obama will
take the presidency. These words came from someone
that in the past has been a great prayer warrior.
What is happening was my question??? Why are we
Christians settling and not issuing a battle cry and
falling to our knees and taking our country back? We
allow ourselves to be stripped of the right to pray at
school functions and in school, we have the 10
commandments removed from government places and are
told we cannot pray in school all the while providing
public prayer places for Muslims.

What in the world
is going on and why are we being apathetic? Why
aren't we praying? Our God is a mighty God who is
waiting patiently for us to raise our voices to heaven
to stop the tide of the anti-Christ actions in our
world today. Now we find we have a charismatic
candidate for president that does not respect our flag
and refuses to wear one on his lapel except when it
becomes politically expedient and whose own wife and
pastor that he loves profess to have strong anti-white
feelings and we sit back and say 'it is a given, we
can do nothing.' There has never been a time in 2000
years that we can do nothing, never a time that we
must sit back and allow the evil in men's and women's
hearts to take over our world. We should be afraid,
very afraid because our apathy is leading us to
perdition
It is time for all Christian Americans to raise the
battle cry and take our nation back. Maybe McCain on
his own cannot defeat Obama but our God can and He
will if we take to our knees in prayer and raise a
mighty cry to the heavens to 'Save us O Lord'. We
have the power to change the course of this election
and to keep a man as suspect as Barak Obama from
leading our country to who knows where with his
message of 'change' = a change which I fear will be
away from our Christian ideals and away from Christ
and further away one nation under God to one nation
under Allah.

We are great at passing stories and pictures around
the internet but where are our prayers and prayer
warriors praying to stop this tide of Barak Obama?
God parted the red sea, Jesus raised himself from the
dead and we can bring our country back to its
Christian roots and stop the move to the rise of
Muslims in our country. We can stop our country from
being 'under Allah' but we must begin to pray, to pray
as our country and our lives depended on it because
they do. We can stop all these atrocities against
God's commands that have taken root in our country
through something as simple as sincere prayer, a call
to God to deliver us, to forgive us our sins of apathy
and to protect us from the evil that is upon us.

Okay prayer warriors, here is your challenge, start
those prayer chains. Get the spiritual power working
on our behalf and stop Barak Obama the proper way, by
calling on our God to save us from the deception that
charismatic preaching is using to lead us on the wrong
path. Stop those who would take God out of our
country and our government. Raise up good men to lead
us and protect us. George Bush is being buffeted
because he has fought a holy war against the evils
that attack us...and we should not be surprised
because a prophet is not honored in his own country.
But we should not rest on our laurels and allow
ourselves to be taken further off the path of
Christianity and to have God removed from our presence
in our schools, courts, government and businesses.

Invite God into the fray. Ask that His power rest
upon us and give us the victory. Ask him to raise up
a might army to defend us and to protect our country
as he did in days of old. Let us be victorious
beginning NOW. The battle is His but we must call on
Him without ceasing and unite our voices and hearts in
prayer and fasting.

Please pass this around to all people of prayer that
you know and maybe, just maybe a more eloquent person
of prayer will write something better and more
inspiring and even the rocks will shout that Jesus is
Lord and our Mighty God is with us and bringing the
victory for us and ultimately for Him.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Cell Phone Vs The Bible   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:04 am

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat
our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being
disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!

P.S. DO WHAT YOU THINK GOD WOULD WANT YOU TO DO WITH THIS EMAIL

Trust in the Lord and *ASAP (Always Say A Prayer)

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Knock, Knock I knocked at heaven's door this morning. God asked me...'My child, what can I do for you?' And I said, 'Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message.' God smiled and answered...'Request granted'. If you believe, send this to seven people and the one who sent it to you. By doing this, you have succeeded in praying for eight people today. 'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'
THIS IS PRETTY NEAT,

below and Place your mouse on the Edrag to the U.
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there for yo U
When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you!
If you are one of the 7% who will stand up for Him, forward this.
93% of people won't forward this.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Noah in Today's World   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 am

In the year 2008, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in the United States , and said:
“Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me.
Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans.”
He gave Noah the blueprints, saying: “You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain
for 40 days and 40 nights.”

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.
“Noah!” He roared, “I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?”
“Forgive me, Lord,” begged Noah, “but things have changed.”

“I needed a building permit.”

“I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system.”

“My neighbors claim that I've violated the neighborhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the Development Appeal Board for a decision.”

“Then the Department of Transportation demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines,
and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark 's move to the sea.
I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.”

“Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the spotted owl.
I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!”

“When I started gathering the animals, an animal rights group sued me.
They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will.
They argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane
to put so many animals in a confined space.”

“Then the EPA ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood. I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities
I'm supposed to hire for my building crew.”

“Immigration and Naturalization are checking the green-card status of most of the people who want to work.”

“The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with Ark-building experience.”

“To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.”

“So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark. ”

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked,
“You mean you're not going to destroy the world?”

“No,” said the Lord.
“The government beat me to it.”
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: The Beauty of Mathematics...   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 am

Absolutely amazing!
Beauty of Mathematics !!!!!!!

1 x 8 + 1 = 9
12 x 8 + 2 = 98
123 x 8 + 3 = 987
1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876
12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765
123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654
1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543
12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432
123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 + 10= 1111111111

9 x 9 + 7 = 88
98 x 9 + 6 = 888
987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

Brilliant, isn't it?

And look at this symmetry:

1 x 1 = 1
11 x 11 = 121
111 x 111 = 12321
1111 x 1111 = 1234321
11111 x 11111 = 123454321
111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Now, take a look at this...

101%

>From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:

What Equals 100%?
What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been in situations where someone wants you to
GIVE OVER 100%.

How about ACHIEVING 101%?

What equals 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help
answer these questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

If:

H-A-R-D-W-O- R- K

8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%

And:

K-N-O-W-L-E- D-G-E

11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%

But:

A-T-T-I-T-U- D-E

1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%

THEN, look how far the love of God will take you:

L-O-V-E-O-F- G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+ 6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will
get you there, It's the Love of God that will put you over the top!

It's up to you if you share this with your friends & loved ones just
the way I did..

Have a nice day & God bless!!

Amen to this one
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Blue Rose   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:15 am

"Blue Rose"

Why do I always have to be the one that starts to do laundry and
there's no detergent? I guess it was time for me to do my 'Dollar
Store' run, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags and Clorox.
So off I go.

I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies, and headed for the
checkout counter only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man that
appeared to be about sixteen-years- old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently
waited for the boy to realize that I was there..

This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared
in a loud voice, 'Mommy, I'm over here.' It was obvious now, he was
mentally challenged, and Also startled as he turned and saw me standing so Close to him, waiting to squeeze by. His eyes Widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, 'Hey Buddy, what's your name?' 'My name is Denny
and I'm shopping with my mother,' he responded proudly.
'Wow,' I said, 'that's a cool name; I wish my name was
Denny, but my name is Hal.' 'Hal like Halloween?' he asked.
'Yes,' I answered. 'How old are you Denny?

'How old am I now Mommy?' he asked his mother as she slowly came
over from the next aisle. 'You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good
boy and let the man pass by.' I acknowledged her and continued to talk to
Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement because he was the center of someone's
attention.

He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section.

Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking
the time to talk with her son.

She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less
talk to him... I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I
have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow and pink roses in
God's garden, however, 'Blue Roses' are very rare and should be
appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a 'Blue
Rose' and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart
and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from
God.

She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked,
'Who are you?' Without thinking I said, 'Oh, I'm probably just a
'daffodil or maybe even a dandelion,' but I sure love living in
God's garden.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please the next time you see a BLUE ROSE don't turn your head and
walk off - take the time to smile and say Hello. Because by the grace of GOD
this mother could be you. This could be your child, grandchild, niece, nephew.
What a difference a moment can mean to that person or their family.
From just a daffodil.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Oprah   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 am

Read the whole email prior to going to this site.

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm or

"Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age Christ

Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed and, this false New- Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program will offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a lesson a day and completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles "Workbook."

Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy
Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.

Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly
states: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought reversal."

The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside down.

Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her studio audience. Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York Times bestseller list .

A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation" from "Jesus" to help humanity work through these troubled times. This "Jesus"-who bears no doctrinal resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen Schucman.

One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This is a course in miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she diligently took spiritual dictation from this voice that described himself as "Jesus."

Here are some quotes from the "Jesus" voice of A Course in Miracles :

· "There is no sin . . . "

· A "slain Christ has no meaning."

· &n bsp; "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."

· "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross.'"

· "The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray."

· "The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."

· "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation."

Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the "brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would produce more peace in the world.

The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness, continues to be sold in Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller prepares to host a January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal Cathedral.

2 Timothy 3 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

2 Timothy 3

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Christians.....Take heed!!

And PLEASE pass this one on.....if you never forward anything else!
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Message from Beth Moore   Great emails....wanted to share them EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:48 am

From Beth Moore, Published by Pastor Joel on July 7, 2008 08:12 am under Revival.

Dear Ones,
On June 27th and 28th I attended a conference in Atlanta called Deeper Still. Internationally known speakers Kay Arthur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer were there and I looked forward to a special time of worship and having God convict me of my sins and lead me to areas in my life where I need to change. I have been to similar conferences for years, although none this large and with so many well-known speakers. There were over 20,000 women in attendance at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta - they said it was the largest crowd ever.
I had an idea of what to expect from the conference, but nothing prepared me for what actually happened. I feel led to share my experience with family and friends. This is important, so stay with me!
When Kay Arthur took the stage you could just tell that her spirit was heavy and there was a certain 'heaviness' in the atmosphere even before she started to speak. She said that she had been literally physically sick to have to bring us this message and right out the gate she said, 'We are in grave danger.' She said that God had revealed to her that a literal famine is coming to America.. Physical, not spiritual. She said that God is moving in judgment against our nation. I know I can't describe this well enough, but the atmosphere was ominous.
Kay is a seasoned speaker and she had to BATTLE to get through her message. She stumbled over scriptures and had an extremely difficult time. At times I was almost expecting her to collapse. At one point she just had to stop and pray. There was no person, myself included, that I could see who did not have tears streaming down their faces. As you may know, Kay Arthur is normally a very confident, composed speaker, but she was literally in a spiritual battle and it was taking place right before my eyes. I have never seen anything like it.
She went on to give 7 things that Christians must do during this time and I am going to give those to you now:
1. Jer 4:3- Break up the fallow ground- return to Me. Repent.. Get on your face before God and ask him to break your heart with the things that break His heart.
2. Mourn- Jer. 9:17-18 and Ezekiel 9. It is time to weep
because our nation's sin is incredible.
3. Pray- Jer 36:7- Pray fervently, passionately for America.
4. Love God's Word- Jer. 20. You MUST love the Word of God and be in the Word of God. I was particularly convicted here because I know I have not been as deeply in His Word as I need to be. She said we must get serious about this.
5. Love others as Jesus loved them. Jer. 31:3 and John 13:34.
6. Introduce people to Jesus Christ. It's time to get serious about this. This is no time for timidity. Jer 31:31; Jer 33:1-9 and 15 and 17.
7. Rest. If you will do these things, then rest in the fact that you have done God's will. She said that it is going to be vitally important for us to get enough physical rest. She went on to say that God has not given us a spirit of fear and that if we are obedient to Him, we will be protected. She said to read Ezekiel 14 over and over until you understand it. This is what God will do if a country turns against Him. She said that this is going to be a calamity (she used the word calamity in such a way that you knew this is going to be no small thing for our country), and gave many more scripture references, but what I have given you are the main points that she made.
I hope you know that I would not have sent this to you if I had not been profoundly affected by it and feel it is of great importance to share it. Thank you for taking the time to re ad this and I hope you will do with this information what yo u feel led by God to do.

Love in Christ Jesus, Beth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great emails....wanted to share them   Great emails....wanted to share them Empty

Back to top Go down

Great emails....wanted to share them
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next