Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayer Requests

Go down 
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 am

Hi loved ones...I will be starting this prayer thread for us to lift up our requests, petitions, and prayers to our precious heavenly Father....I love you all!Prayer Requests 936509

Last edited by brknangel on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 am

10 Things to Pray for Your Children
1. For Godly Wisdom
First Corinthians 3:19 tells us, " The wisdom of this world is foolishness before God." and Romans 12:2 instructs, " Do not be conformed to this world." Pray that your child will have godly--not worldly--wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
Ask for your children to receive the liberal application of godly wisdom.

2. For Character
This is not an easy prayer for parents, since we all know how character is developed--through trial. In fact, Romans 5:3-4 says, "We also exult in our tribulations, knowing character, and proven character, hope." As hard as it is to pray for trouble in our children's lives, we know that challenges, disappointments, and even heartache are what will help them grow into the godly men and women they were created to be. So brace yourself, pray for character, and--while you're at it--ask for a healthy dose of self-control on your part to stay out of God's way while He's at work in your kids' lives.

3. For a spirit of excellence
Daniel 6:3 (NKIV) says, " Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps because an excellent spirit was in him." And 1 Cor.10:31 instructs, "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Pray that your children will give their best to everything they attempt, because they're Christians, they place His name on whatever they do.

4. For humility.
We live in a world that frequently admires pride, arrogance, and self-righteousness. Yet James 4:6 tells us that " God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble." And in Matthew 23:12, Jesus promised, "Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted." Pray that your children will appreciate their infinite worth as children of God but, at the same time, will recognize that God expects them to walk with Him--and their fellow man--in meekness and humility.

5. For a desire to know God.
You pray he'll make the team. You pray she'll pass the test. But is there anything we can ask for our children that will offer them more happiness, fulfillment, and success than a personal, intimate relationship with their Creator? Ezra 8:22 tells us, " The hand of our God is favorably disposed to all those who seek Him." and Psalm 86:11 implores "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name" (NIV). Pray that your child will have a hunger and thirst to know God more every day--and an undivided heart to seek and serve Him with abandon.

6. For direction.
Proverbs 3:5-6 instructs, "trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." And Ephesians 2:10 says,"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." Pray that your children will learn at a young age to seek God's direction and guidance in all things, so by the time they make the big decisions---like college, career, and marriage--they'll be in the habit of following His perfect plans every step of the way.

7. For favor.
In chapter two of the book, of Ester, many young women were brought into the palace to be prepared and presented as potential brides before King Ahesuerus. Verse 8 and 9 tells us that from the moment Esther arrived, she found favor with all who saw her. ( The king made her queen, which put her in the perfect position to save the people from annihilation.) Luke's gospel tells us that Jesus grew in favor with God and man (2:52 NIV). There's nothing wrong with praying that your children will have favor with teachers, school administrators, coaches, and eventually employers--as well as with classmates, teammates, and coworkers--and that they'll be liked and appreciated for who they are.

8. For discernment.
In 1 Kings 3:5 God gave King Solomon an open invitation to ask for anything he wanted. Solomon requested a heart to discern good from evil in order to judge God's people, and the Lord was so pleased that He showered the ruler with riches and honor, elevating him beyond all of his contemporaries--and blessed him with a long, healthy life to boot. Pray for this same kind of discernment for your children, ask god to let them see as He sees, be attracted to what pleases and glorifies Him, be repelled by the things that displease him, and understand the difference clearly and consistently.

9. For the right friends/spouse.
The Bible is clear on what type of person a believer should marry--another believer. Second Corinthians 6:14 warns, " Do not be bound together with unbelievers." Pray for your children will value God fearing friends, that the Father will 'pave' their way with faithful Christians, and that they'll eventually find their way to godly mates, as the Lord intends. Also pray for their future spouses upbringing. When my four kids were tiny, an older much wiser Christian woman encouraged me to start praying for the men and women they would marry some day. Pray that your future sons--and daughters -in-law will keep themselves pure for marriage, that their parents will create a godly environment in which to raise them, that they'll understand the Lord's perfect plan for marriage and for their lives, and that they'll grow into the man or woman God designed each one to be. After all, they'll be raising your beloved grandchildren some day.

10. For respect toward authority.
If this generation had a slogan, it would be 'NO fear'. Our children are conditioned by TV, movies, and songs not to respect parents, teachers, school administrators, police officers, or government officials--rude is cool. Yet Romans 13:1 tells us, "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established." ( NIV). Pray that your kids will have proper respect for everyone from the president to the boss at their part-time job, and appropriate fear toward God.

It is never to late to pray for your children. Whether you're in the footie-jammies and sippy cup phase or your world is filled with prom dresses and drivers' permits--or you're praying for kids who have kids of their own---remember that Philippians 4:6 (NIV) tell us parents, " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

In Touch Ministry
Mimi Greenwood Knight

Prayer Requests 0511-0711-0614-4060
TAYLOR RANCH
Ronnie and Judy Taylor
Van, Texas

" There is no wisdom,no insight,no plan that can succeed against the Lord. "
Proverbs 21:30

"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16

Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 am

Lord God in heaven, I come to you in prayer seeking your grace and favor on my children. Thank you for the blessings they have been to my life. I pray your angels encamp around them and protect them. I plead your blood and protection over their lives. I pray you would guide them in all they do and draw them ever closer to you. I also pray this prayer for their significant others, and for my grandbabies. Thank you merciful God of love and grace....In Jesus' precious name I pray....Amen
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 am

Father in Heaven,
Lord I come to you in prayer lifting up A and B. Father you know the struggles they are facing right now and the plans of the enemy. But you are sovereign God and I pray that your perfect will be done in their lives. Give B the strength to continue to grow in you and I pray that you will protect K as she continues to grow and develop. Touch A's heart and mind Lord. Draw him ever closer to you and to a place of complete surrender to your will for his life. Bless their family and surround them with your angels to protect them. Mend them....heal them....deliver them. Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy in their lives. Thank you that you are in charge and that your will is being done. I pray a powerful move of your precious Holy Spirit over their lives. Thank you Lord in your precious name I pray....and I love you....Amen

Last edited by brknangel on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:22 am

Almighty God,
Father God I come to you lifting up your precious name in praise and thanksgiving. Thank you for all the many blessings in our lives. Lord I pray now for a mighty move of your Holy spirit over our hearts, minds and lives. I pray Lord for our nation....may we as your body rise up in this nation....and stand for what we know is true. We are a Christian nation founded on godly principles by a majority of Christian leaders. Lord, humble us....help us return to you. We seek your face Lord. We repent as a nation...as your body. We have sinned against you Lord and we need to return to you with 100% commitment to your kingdom and your plan for all of us. Lord I pray for a holy cleansing revival fire to sweep this nation. May your sweet spirit fall down on us as a nation, as a church and as individual members of your body, individually and collectively. We need you....Oh sweet Lord. We surrender to you....your plan...your will. Hear us Oh Lord and heal our land....heal our hearts...return us to you. Let us never compromise the truth of the bible, or of the gospel of Jesus Christ. You are our God....our Rock...our Deliverer. May our collective prayers rise up to heaven and I pray these things by your blood and in your precious name...Jesus. I love you....AMEN
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:37 am

Lord God,
Lord I lift up all my family and friends to you. Father you know their needs. I will lift them up collectively....everyone I've promised to pray for...God you know their names and you know their needs. I lift them up to you now Lord, seeking your guidance, your will, your deliverance, your healing in their hearts, minds, bodies, souls and lives. Draw them to you Lord and perform mighty works in them. Reveal yourself to them Lord in ways they cannot imagine. Thank you sweet Lord Jesus for your sovereign grace, mercy, and love. I pray these things by your blood and in your precious name. Amen
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:14 am

Lord in Heaven,
Thank you sweet Lord for this glorious day. Thank you for the blessing of family and good times together. Lord I'd like to lift up every family member to you now at this time. There are many of them...you know them all by name. You hold each destiny in your hands, and I pray your perfect will for every family member from the eldest to the youngest. I pray that they will grow ever closer to you and seek your will for their lives. I pray that if any do not know you as Savior, that you would touch their hearts and minds through your sweet Holy spirit and draw them to you. If any need to be delivered, and we all do Lord, I bind up any negative influences or enemy plans by the precious blood of Jesus. I pray that each one of us will rise up, and become whole and complete in you. Help each of us to use our gifts and talents for your honor, your glory, and to further your kingdom. If any are ill, may your healing touch make them whole again. Thank you sweet Lord in Jesus precious name I pray....Amen
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Lord God,
Lord I come to you lifting up your precious name with praise and Thanksgiving. I love you with all I am and all I ever hope to be. Father I come to you this morning with specific prayers and petitions for my family. I ask that you forgive us our sins and and for anything that is displeasing to you. Thank you for sweet restoration....I am so in need of you every day in my life. I surrender everything I have and everything I am to you. Father forgive me when I'm weak, which is often. But I know you are doing a work in me that you will bring to completion and to fruition for your word promises that. Lord I lift up K and D and their family. God you know the fiery trials they're going through. Lord, provide them with their needs, and as you continue to build their faith, show them that you are their provider and God. Bless each of their sweet girls, A, A, and R. May they seek your will and purpose for their lives. Lord for E and B. Thank you sweet Lord for the renewed fire and purpose in their lives...it is truly an answer to my prayers. Lord, they need financial stability. Help them to continue to be faithful in you and I pray you would provide B income for their needs so E can be with the babies. Lord be with my baby girls K and A and surround them with your mighty angels. Guide them and I pray they seek your will for their lives. Lord, thank you for the growth in L, another answered prayer. Help her to put you first....and to seek your will for all aspects of her life. Guide her and direct her. Thank you Lord for precious C. I have been able to instill some deep seeds and doctrine in Him. I expect mighty things for you in His life. Bless him, strengthen him and help Him to seek your plan for everything He does. And for me Lord...as I continue my journey with you....you know my needs, my hopes, desires, dreams, plans and wishes. I surrender them all to you. Thy will for me be done in every area. Thank you Lord for your amazing grace and mercy. I will continue to love you more and more for eternity. I plead your blood and protection over each of my precious children and grandchildren. I pray these things in your sweet Holy name Lord Jesus Christ.....I love you.....Me
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:20 am

Father in Heaven,
Lord at this time I'd like to lift up our dear friends and neighbors who suffered losses during the tornado here this week. Lord thank you that no one was seriously injured and I pray the lady this is hospitalized will fully recover. Lord wrap your arms around them all as they clean up and rebuild. Give them strength and may your mercy and favor reign down on them. Thank you Lord. I also lift up all other requests from friends on FB and also anyone I have promised to pray for. Thank you sweet Jesus in your precious name.....Amen
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Lord...lifting up collectively!   Prayer Requests EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Holy God of Heaven,
Dear Lord God, I come to you now in prayer...burdened for souls and for all of those I have spoken to over the years. While I was in prayer tonight with J from NYC, I felt you speak to me and ask me to lift them up collectively to you in prayer and also to get other Christian brothers and sisters to pray with me. C and I are in agreement as well as R for all of these people. I have asked other brothers and sisters to lift them up as well. Lord I pray and ask that any seeds I have been able to plant for Christ over the years in any of these folks would now come to fruition. I pray your precious Spirit would water your words and bring a mighty harvest. Lord there are so many...I cannot name them all by name. I know a few and I lift them up to you individually. But sweet Lord, you know each one. You know each heart...and you know each life. You know their needs and the conditions of their souls. I pray Lord that the unsaved will be saved, that the sick will be healed, that the broken hearted would be healed and filled with the sweet balm of your precious Spirit. I pray that hearts would be mended...and lives will be changed. I pray for each individual need, in particular for their salvation. Bring a mighty harvest in Lord for your honor, your glory, your Kingdom. Thank you Lord for your mighty grace, mercy and love. Continue to use me, your servant as you see fit for the glory and honor of your precious name. I love you...thank you for the word tonight from II Kings 6:17. Open my eyes Lord, open all the eyes of those warriors you are calling to stand beside me in this endeavor. We lift them up collectively. We claim them all for your kingdom. We plead your blood and angels over each one. We bind up enemy forces in the precious name of Christ our Lord and Savior. Thank you sweet Lord and we claim victory in all these prayers in your sweet name and BY YOUR GRACE. We love you...AMen
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 am

Father,
I come to you tonight in prayer, lifting up your precious name in praise. Praise be to the glorious God of all creation! Lord tonight I lift up B and the baby to you. I pray that she will be able to carry the baby to full term or to a place where she will be completely healthy. You are forming that precious child in her mother's womb. Be with her God...protect her and I pray for a complete and healthy pregnancy, and easy delivery and health for our precious new arrival. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer and I plead your blood and protection over A, B and the baby. Thank you Lord for your sovereign grace and for answering prayer. I love you! Me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayer Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests   Prayer Requests Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests
Page 1 of 1