Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Religions and Cults

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

World Religions and Cults Empty
PostSubject: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Let's discuss world religions....their beliefs...doctrines...why they believe the way they do....the cults that exist in our world today and where they originate from....and.....how we can effectively witness and reach out to people who are in bondage to anything other than the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Please come in here and let's discuss this guys....we might get some people saved! I love you all very much. :gcross:
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:59 pm

what are the cults exactly...are any of them a branch of christianity :veryconfused:
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyWed May 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Good question..... Exclamation Some are....some aren't. There are many cults in the world today. The cults of "Christianity" are groups like the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons....for example. The definition of a cult in that respect is in how they view the truth of the scriptures and what they believe about Jesus. If you don't believe in the Jesus of the Bible, then you can't be saved. It is important that you have a relationship with the right Christ....and yes there are many "false christs."

More questions please.....I will try to clarify as we go. Thanks for your participation Rokr Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 am

do you have any catholic friends...I have like three or four
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:08 am

Yes I have many Catholic friends as a matter of fact. I don't agree completely with the Catholic doctrines, but many Catholic people are good folks and many are saved. Many aren't....just like in any other type of denomination. It's all about our relationship with Christ no matter what denomination we're affiliated with.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 1:38 am

and as you know Nighmare is a catholic...
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:29 am

i have like two family members and like 15 friends who are catholic Big Smile

i'm happy that some of my family is at least catholic...we never really fight over religion stuff
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 am

Well like I said...they have some weird beliefs in some of their doctrines that are not biblical. However, there are many Catholic people that are saved if they're born again...it's all about Jesus...not a denomination. I for one though could never be Catholic because I've studied too much about their history and doctrines. But...at least they are a branch of Christianity....though not all are saved, but that goes for any denomination. Love ya'll. :gcross:
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:37 pm

my catholic friends/family are cool... Cool
Back to top Go down
DarkNightmare

DarkNightmare

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 pm

LinkinPark_BeatleRokr wrote:
15 friends who are catholic
would this be after you include me Naughty

brknangel wrote:
they have some weird beliefs in some of their doctrines
dude im catholic and i dont even like everything we do....like the host thing..it just feels wierd and i nearly choked on the thing..so now none of you guys have to try it just ask me about it
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:14 am

Well there you go. All Christian denominations celebrate the communion is some form or another but the Catholics believe in transubstantiation. I think I spelled that right...lol. They believe that the communion actually becomes Christ's blood and body when the priests pray over it. That is one big difference in Catholicism and your mainline Protestant denominations. The denominations do it as a remembrance...Catholics believe it is essential for salvation. I believe that Christ's work on the cross was sufficient and is the only way to heaven. There is nothing we can do to add to our salvation. It's all about what He did. I believe in salvation by grace and through faith alone in what Christ did on the cross. We can't earn it and we don't deserve it....but he loves us that much. God is amazing... :gcross:
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:57 am

:dj:
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:19 am

We've hit on this in other threads....but any questions about specific religions?
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:20 am

Ok cool...we hit on Hinduism in Rocker's question thread....but we can discuss other religions here or I might just begin to talk briefly about each one. If anyone has any questions.....I'll do my best to answer them or find an answer if you guys stump me....lol. In fact, I challenge you to do that...since you all like to pick on me...World Religions and Cults Fresse Love you all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Religions and Cults   World Religions and Cults Empty

Back to top Go down

World Religions and Cults
Page 1 of 1