Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith of our Fathers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

Faith of our Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Faith of our Fathers   Faith of our Fathers EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 am

In light of the rapid moral decline in our nation, in addition to our growing lack of faith and distrust in our elected leadership in Washington, I'd like to post a few quotes from our founding fathers. I think it's important to revisit true history and study the ideas, reasons, writings, and prayers of the men who forged our great nation, through the help and inspiration of our Great God. Let us never forget their faith and dedication to Christianity and Biblical principles. We must pray for a return to these godly principles established by our first leaders. Otherwish we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of history. God forgive us for being so complacent and allowing much of our current state of affairs to transcend without a fight. Let us all seek God as we pray for this great nation, and may God continue to bless America!

"It is rightly impossible to govern the world without God and the Bible."

George Washington

"If we will not be governed by God, we must be governed by tyrants."

William Penn

"Almost all the civil liberty now enjoyed in the world owes its origin to the principles of the Christian religion. The religion which has introduced civil liberty, is the religion of Christ and His apostles. This is genuine Christianity, and to this we owe our free constitutions of government."

Noah Webster

"God intends you to choose for rulers just men who will rule in the fear of God. If the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupt."

Daniel Webster

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians."

Patrick Henry

"Let me live according to those holy rules which Thou hast this day prescribed in Thy holy word. Direct me to the true object, Jesus Christ--the way, the truth and the life. Bless, O' Lord, all the people of this land. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that National Morality can prevail in the exclusion of religious principle."

George Washington's public prayer before his inauguration as 1st President of the United States of America

"My views are the result of a lifetime of inquiry and reflection, and very different from the anti-Christian system imputed to me by those who know nothing of my opinions. To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus Himself. I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be; sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others."

Thomas Jefferson

How evident is their faith!! How prophetic their warnings! Let us rise up as the body of Christ to defend our nation, our freedoms, and our God given right to worship Him freely. Stand up Christian America! For we are called for JUST SUCH A TIME AS THIS!! God bless you all!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Faith of our Fathers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith of our Fathers   Faith of our Fathers EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

If only America woulld remember.
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com

Faith of our Fathers
Page 1 of 1