Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God vs Science

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm

God vs. science

A science professor begins his school year with a lecture to the students, "Let me explain the problem science has with religion." The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

"You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

The professor grins knowingly. "Aha! The Bible!" He considers for a moment. "Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?"

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

"But why not say that? You'd help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn't."

The student does not answer, so the professor continues. "He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

The student remains silent.

"No, you can't, can you?" the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax.

"Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?"

"Er...yes," the student says.

"Is Satan good?"

The student doesn't hesitate on this one. "No."

"Then where does Satan come from?"

The student falters. "From God"

"That's right. God made Satan, didn't he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?"

"Yes, sir."

"Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?"

"Yes."

"So who created evil?" The professor continued, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil."

Again, the student has no answer. "Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet. "Yes."

"So who created them?"

The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question. "Who created them?" There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized. "Tell me," he continues onto another student. "Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?"

"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

"Yet you still believe in him?"

"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the student replies. "I only have my faith."

"Yes, faith," the professor repeats. "And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only faith."

The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of His own. "Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"

"Yes, son, there's cold too."

"No sir, there isn't."

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. "You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees."

"Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

Silence across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.

"What about darkness, professor. Is there such a thing as darkness?"

"Yes," the professor replies without hesitation. "What is night if it isn't darkness?"

"You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word."

"In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?"

The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. "So what point are you making, young man?"

"Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed."

The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time. "Flawed? Can you explain how?"

"You are working on the premise of duality," the student explains. "You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought."

"It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it."

"Now tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?"

"If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do."

"Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?"

The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.

"Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?"

The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.

"To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean."

The student looks around the room. "Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?" The class breaks out into laughter.

"Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir."

"So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?"

Now the room is silent. The professor just stares at the student, his face unreadable.

Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers. "I guess you'll have to take them on faith."

"Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life," the student continues. "Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?"

Now uncertain, the professor responds, "Of course, there is. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

Thought this was too good to not post....outstanding!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 am

yea....I showed you that on myspace
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm

yes you did....very good... thanks
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 am

Why has our society turned so far away from God? This nation was founded by godly men on Christian principles. How have we fallen so far from the original intent and vision for our country?

Today, people for the most part seem to thrive on the gray areas of life. Life is no longer considered to be black and white, and based on biblical principles. People don't want to be accountable to God and the easiest way to lessen accountability to our Creator is to muddy the water. Blur the lines between what is right and what is wrong. When you make man accountable only to himself, that makes all choices equally balanced and sets up a scenario where people feel free to do anything they choose with no concept of right and wrong. In a world where society has alienated itself from God, there is no compass to guide behavior. The results have been devastating to our society. Just look around and it's easy to see what happens when God is left out of the picture. This broken world seems normal as we continue to drift farther and farther away from morality, and godly living.

The question is often asked....Why do people of faith continue to believe the things they do despite scientific evidence to the contrary?

People seek deeper truths to fill in the gaps left by science and logic. That's where faith comes in.

Is faith the enemy of science?

No, mainly because what passes for science in one generation often changes in another. For example, at one point science thought the earth was flat, and that leeches were the best form of medicine. Also, 50 years ago, scientists said we'd be traveling in flying cars by now. Isn't it interesting that the founder of IBM said there would never be a need for more than five computers in the whole world. Today there are often more than that in one household. Science has never been able to disprove the bible. When scientific evidence is analyzed correctly, it points to the evidence of a Creator. The theory of evolution has not fared as well in finding evidence to prove or support it. I could go into detail and give many examples, but I won't do that here.

If science is not even able to to explain some of the most simple needs of man, or other phenomena in nature, then how can it possibly explain man's spiritual needs?

Science has not been able to determine why people need sleep and how it heals the mind and body. It has also been unable to explain other things found in nature such as gravity and fish migration, let alone many other complex questions.
Many famous scientists and leaders in their scientific fields had one major thing in common. They had a relationship and a belief in God. Sir Isaac Newton wrote, "Gravity explains the motion of the planets but cannot explain who set them in motion."
Albert Einstein said that the universe was so intricately and eloquently put together that he was convinced that it could only have been done by a God with supreme intelligence.

Which view really requires more faith?

The big bang....Nothing becomes everything all of a sudden for no reason or cause.....or...
Something or someone made it happen......God said, "Let there be light, and there was light." In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.....

The evolution fairy tale is much harder to believe when you look at it objectively. Science cannot disprove God and it can do nothing to explain the need for God on a spiritual level.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:51 pm

yea...I remember that stuff
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 4:26 am

Yes....and more to come.... :D
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:11 am

study
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:37 am

You could help me out here....I know you have some facts too.... :D
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 4:57 am

uh..I'm not sure if I have any for this subject
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:31 pm

I beg to differ.....I know you have facts about this subject. Are you afraid to share them?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 am

no
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:04 am

Well feel free to join in dear....we've studied many scientific facts that support Creation and expose Evolution for what it is....a lie.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am

Get some of the books out we bought at the Creation Evidence Museum and spend some time out here explaining to people why evolution is a hoax based on scientific evidence as well as faith in God and let's show people why the Bible is true....based on scientific research. Dr Baugh has some good information we can use in this thread....love ya! God vs Science 193788
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:39 am

Hey you could even post your arguments from AT here....just copy and paste them here.....!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

God vs Science Empty
PostSubject: Re: God vs Science   God vs Science EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:47 pm

That is pretty long gone unortunately.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

God vs Science Empty