Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

The Gospel of Jesus Christ Empty
PostSubject: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 am

I'd like to do this thread and specifically discuss the Gospel or "good news" of Jesus Christ. I will be presenting facts from the bible about Christ and sharing some of my personal testimony about my relationship with Him and how it's changed my life. This is just an opener....more to come in future posts. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 1:14 am

ok....go on afro
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 12:25 am

Why do I put my faith in God so much? Well I could write an essay on that one I guess. But to abbreviate...there has never been a time in my life when I didn't know about Christ. I was raised in a home where I grew up learning about Him, and with a lot of great Christian role models in my life. For this, I will be eternally grateful. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 12, but then of course I was a baby Christian (born again) spiritually, but with very little knowledge of the word of God..or the bible. So I spent a number of years living a carnal life...(or a life outside of God's plan for me). Because I wasn't grounded in the word, which is the roadmap for life, I ended up making a lot of major mistakes and I have been through a lot of heartache.
But through those valleys and hardships in life, that is when I found that Christ is real. He is real, and alive. Sometimes you can get so far down that there is no one there with you but God. That's when you start to grow..and the more you learn of Him, the more real He becomes to you.
Later in life, in college and in subsequent years, I have done extensive study into other religions. At first I was afraid it might shake my faith, but I found that it only strengthened it. I was past age 40 before I realized how important that book you asked me about really is. That's when I really started studying it, and in doing so, I became more and more hungry for the things of God. The more you study the bible, the more evident it is that it is truly the inspired word of the living God. God reveals Himself to us in so many ways when we open our eyes to see.
Also, the more you study, the more you change. At salvation, the Holy spirit of God comes to dwell within you. As you grow in God, you begin to be more submissive to Him and His plan and purpose for your life. God loves us too much to leave us like we are. If we will work with the Holy Spirit, he will change us from the inside out.
The results? Peace ...where I never knew it....Joy..unspeakable, no matter what my circumstances. Eternal security...I will live forever in Heaven because of what Christ did for me...and, I have been miraculously healed more than once. How do I know He's real? He is as real to me as anything I can visibly see.
That's why I put my faith in God...the abbreviated version.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:25 pm

I'd like to pose a question to all you agnostics, atheists, confused, rebels, and just plain indifferents I have encountered over the past few days. Let's just suppose for a few minutes that I am right. Let's say there really is a God...and He really created all this stuff...and He really loved us enought to send His son down here to die for our sins so that we could be reconciled to Him and live eternally in Heaven rather than the other option which is a whole lot hotter place.
Ok...now..let's suppose for another moment that all the rest of the opinions are right. Let's say there is no God...and that we all evolved following the "big bang" and that there is no real purpose or meaning to life.
Ok...now it's time for death...if I'm wrong, and you're right...what does it matter? We all end up as dust in the ground ...nothingness as Kirb once told me....or reincarnated into another body of some kind depending on our karma for this lifetime. No one is worse the wear for believing in Christ.
But now...let's suppose that at death, you're wrong and I'm right. Well my friends, then I'm going to be with Jesus in Heaven in eternal glory and paradise, and you are going to be in a place of eternal suffering...pain...never to be remembered by those who have gone on to glory.
Ok...now think about this...and answer honestly. Is it worth the gamble? Is it worth risking your eternal soul? It should be interesting to see how you guys respond to this. Thanks for the commentary..!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 12:56 am

all sounds good
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 7:30 am

Yes I thank God you're a believer. Definitely want all my babies in heaven with me. Angelic
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 4:25 pm

I once had a young man tell me he thought God was a tyrant. This was my response to him.....

Well Van...I don't think you get that part. He's not a tyrant and He doesn't send anyone to hell. Everyone that ends up in that place will have made a choice to be there. That's where the free will thing we were debating in the other thread comes into play. God gave us the free will to choose or reject His mercy, grace, love, and salvation.
See...man chose to sin...or rather humans
(Adam and Eve.) Eve was deceived by Satan yes, but when it boils down to it, they both exercised their free will choice to reject God and follow their own plan. That's when sin entered the human equation...it had already existed in the heavenlies when Satan rebelled against God.
Sin is a serious business. A holy God cannot look on sin because He is perfect...so when His creation fell...the only justice was what He had told them...spiritual death for rebellion and disobedience. When Adam fell, we inherited that nature to sin and every human being born after that was born spiritually dead to God. Now if babies or small children die before they reach the age of accountability...they go to Heaven. But we were all born in need of a Savior. We can't save ourselves because nothing atones for sin but a perfect blood sacrifice. That is why God entered space and time in the form of His Son...Jesus Christ. It was because God loved us too much to be eternally separated from us. He had to come down here and die for us Himself, and He is the only perfect sacrifice for our sin. Now ...because we do all have that free will He created us with...because He did not want mindless robots that were forced to worship Him...we all have that choice to choose to accept or reject Christ. A choice to reject Christ or a non decision is a decision to choose hell. And a loving God, will honor whichever choice we make.
There is a biblical explanation for where other gods came from...and if they're real or authentic. But I will save that for another post since this one is getting kind of lengthy.
I love people and yes I am sensitive to others...if only you can understand that what I do...I do in love....because I do care about others. But others have been pretty insensitive to me too just because I am Christian and not afraid to talk about it. (He had also accused me of being insensitive and oblivious to the feelings of others.)
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Scriptures to share the gospel   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:11 am

Hey guys....as you're witnessing...I've compiled a few scriptures to help you show people the way to Christ through His word. There are many more that could be added...but this is just an outline when you're presenting the gospel to someone.

Scripture References: The New King James Version

GOD LOVES YOU

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

ALL HAVE SINNED AND WILL FACE GOD'S JUDGEMENT

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

As it is written: There is none righteous, no, not one. Romans 3:10

So then each of us shall give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:12

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Wherefore as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death by sin, as so death passed upon all men for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12

GOD'S REMEDY FOR SIN AND RECONCILIATION TO HIM

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. John 1:12

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. I Corinthians 15:3-4

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek (Gentile).

But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense (Adam) many died, much more the grace of God and the gift of the one man, Jesus Christ abounded to many.

ALL MAY BE SAVED NOW

Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

For whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

ASSURANCE AS A BELIEVER

There is now therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 10:9

Most assuredly I say to you, He who hears my word and believes in Him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24

These things I have written to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe on the name of the Son of God. I John 5:13

But these things are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:31

This is the "gospel" or good news of Jesus Christ. He loves you, He died for you, He wants you with him for eternity, He is your Lord and Savior.....what an awesome God we serve!

Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: God's Love Story to You and Me   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:20 am

GOD'S LOVE STORY TO YOU AND ME
CREATION

According to The Holy Bible, which is the inspired word of God to His human creation, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God." (John 1:1) That word, was Jesus Christ. He has co-existed eternally with God the Father and His Holy Spirit. The Bible states that Jesus was the Creator of all things, and that all things were created by and for Him, to the glory of God the Father. (see John Chapter 1, Hebrews 1:2, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:16-17) God's original creation was perfect and beautiful. (See Genesis Chapters 1-2)

ORIGINAL SIN

However, sin and rebellion entered into God's perfect plan. Lucifer, the angel of light, and anointed cherub, had been created as God's most beautiful angelic being. He became prideful, and sinned in his heart, when he wanted to be worshiped like God, or even to place his throne above God. Lucifer fell from heaven, and in his rebellion, he took one third of God's angels with him and is now known as Satan. Satan is the creator of original sin and the father of lies, according to the Bible. (John 8:44) His fall from heaven may be read about in Isaiah (Chapter 14, beginning in verse 12), and Ezekiel(28:12-19).

CREATION OF MAN AND THE ANGELIC CONFLICT

God, all knowing and omnipotent, had a redemption plan before He ever began creation. God made humans; lesser beings than the angels, in order to have a family, and to solve the angelic conflict that had been caused by Satan's rebellion and fall. The Creator formed our first father, Adam, from the dust of the ground and breathed life into his nostrils. Then he made a perfect helper for Adam from his rib, and she was our first mother, Eve. He created them perfect: tri-part beings; body, soul, and spirit.....alive, and in perfect fellowship with their God, who is also a Trinity in Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But an all loving God also gave them, and all of us, a free will. He wanted a family that would choose to love and obey Him. He placed Adam and Eve in a garden paradise, and forbid them only one thing. He told them not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil; or in that day, they would surely die. He loved them enough to give them a choice over whom they would serve. For a time, they enjoyed a perfect existence, and sweet fellowship with God, as He walked with them every day, in the cool of the garden. (See Genesis Chapters 1-2)
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: God's Love Story to You and Me....Continued   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:17 am

THE FALL OF MAN AND CREATION

However, Satan also had a plan for mankind, and a plan to thwart God's perfect plan for His creation. He came to the woman; Eve, in the form of a serpent, (which had been created beautiful by God) and deceived the woman with a lie. He told her that she would not die by disobeying God, and eating from the forbidden tree. He enticed her, by telling her that God was just afraid that she would become like Him, or godlike. Satan tempted her, and our first mother believed the lie, and ate from the tree. Then she offered the fruit to Adam; and he chose, knowingly and willingly, to join in her sin, and to rebel against God. Adam and Eve did die that day....they died spiritually, and became separated from God, though they did not die physically for many years. At that point, dominion of earth, which God had intended for humans, was handed over to Satan, who is known now as "the prince of the earth." (Ephesians 2:2, John 16:11) A just, holy, and perfect God could no longer fellowship with His children because of their sin, and this created the need for restoration, redemption, and a Savior. God handed down judgement in the garden to Adam, Eve, and the serpent (Satan). From that day on, all the children of Adam and Eve have been born into sin. We inherit a dead spirit, and a sinful nature from our first father, Adam, because of his choice to rebel against God. The Bible says that from one man, we all inherit sin and death. (see Romans 5:12) When Adam fell, all of creation fell with him, and the whole creation is under the curse of sin, because of humankind's rebellion against God. (Romans 8:19-23)

GOD'S PLAN OF RESTORATION AND RECONCILIATION

An all knowing and omnipotent God; knew before He ever breathed life into Adam, that one day He'd have to come to earth Himself, and die to reconcile mankind to Himself. The Bible says Christ was the Lamb slain from the foundations of the world. (Revelation 13:8 ) He knew the beginning from the end, and He is sovereign, and in complete control of history. (Revelation1:8 ) God knew He would work out everything, and make it possible for us to be reconciled to God, through Christ's work on the cross. Even as God handed down His judgements in the garden that day, He made the first promise of a redeemer. (see Genesis 3:15) God knew that one day, in the fullness of time, the Creator would step down into history; take on a human form; and die for us as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of humankind. In reconciling humankind to Himself, He would also bring healing, and restoration to all creation. He would take on the sins of the world, and by His stripes, we would be healed and delivered. (see Isaiah Chapter 53) He would purchase our pardon and satisfy the full payment for sin, and one day, He would restore the order of the Kingdom; and take back dominion of the earth, where He will one day rule and reign, with the Saints of God (the redeemed through Christ.) (see Revelation Chapters 21-22) This was God's plan of reconciliation and restoration, even from the very beginning.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: God's Love Story to You and Me....Continued   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am

THE BLOOD ATONEMENT

Because God is a perfect and just God, He must judge sin. He cannot fellowship with sinful and fallen humans, and there had to be a way to restore us to Him. Blood is the only thing that atones for sin. Blood sacrifices, detailed in the Old Testament, were to cover sin only. The only way that sin could be atoned and forgiven, was for a perfect, sinless, sacrifice to offer Himself willingly, and give up His life to atone for our sin. (Colossians 1:14) Since no human being is sinless, and since we have all inherited a sin nature from Adam; as well as a spirit that is dead to God, there was only one choice. (Romans 3:10, and 3:23) The only way God could reconcile us to Himself, was to come Himself, in the person of Jesus Christ, who has always co-existed with God the Father, and is the Second person of the Trinity. He has always been God and always will be. (see Hebrews Chapter 2) But he loved us too much to be separated from His creation for eternity. So when our first parents fell, and all of creation along with them, God promised a Savior that would sacrifice His blood as atonement for our sin. (Hebrews 2:17)

THE HOLY BIBLE

The Bible is God's written word to us; His love letter, and His instruction book for life. The Old Testament is the story of Christ's earthly bloodline from Adam, through Abraham, and King David, and through to Christ. His genealogy is detailed in it's pages, and the story of His earthly family is told in the pages of history (His story). (see Matthew Chapter 1, and Luke Chapter 3) It is the story of the children of Israel, who were chosen by God, to bring His promises to life....Our Savior; and to protect and preserve the holy scriptures. The Jewish people are also God's timepiece for Bible prophecy. All of prophecy revolves around Israel, and their destiny is linked eternally with end time prophetic events. God is a promise keeper, and He will keep His covenants with both Israel, and His church.

Moses was given the law to show us our sin. The law was never meant to be kept...it was impossible to keep every law. Yet, the Bible states that if you have broken even one part of the law, you are guilty of breaking every part of it. The Ten Commandments are examples of just a small part of all the law that was given to Moses on Mt Sinai. Still, when we examine them, we realize that we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory. We are all guilty and in need of a Savior. (see Exodus Chapter 20) The Bible also gave hundreds of prophecies about Christ's first coming that were all fulfilled literally. There are even more prophecies of His second coming, which we can be assured will also be literally fulfilled. All of the second coming prophecies have been fulfilled, except for those that deal with the Tribulation period. In fact, the amazing accuracy of prophetic scriptures is the Bible's greatest proof that it is the true and inspired word of God. There is no other book like it, and it is the most controversial book ever written. It was written by over 40 authors on three continents, over more than a 2000 year period. Human men, ranging from common men, and fishermen, to physicians, Kings, educated men, and religious leaders, are among it's authors. These men, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God, wrote the only true and living word of God, and God is the real author. It is an amazing book, and many have died to protect and preserve God's word.

The Ten Commandments
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make idols for yourself of any kind.
3. Do not take the name of the Lord your God in vain (misuse.)
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. Do not testify falsely against your neighbor.
10. Do not covet.

Last edited by brknangel on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: God's Love Story to You and Me...Continued   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 am

SALVATION AND THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST

Jesus Christ, in the fullness of time, came to earth in the form of a tiny baby. He was born to a virgin; a young Jewish girl named Mary. He had to be born of a virgin in order not to inherit the sin nature from Adam, and that made him able and eligible to become our sacrifice for sin. He lived a perfect, sinless life, and then He offered up that life as a sacrifice for our sin. He was crucified by the religious leaders of the day, and the Roman government. He was rejected by all, Jews and Gentiles alike. Yet the Bible says even while we were sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 ) He became sin on that cross so that the payment for sin, required by a just, and perfect God could be met. Through His death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus purchased back His creation, our pardon, the keys to the kingdom of heaven and hell, our healing, deliverance, and the promise of restoration for all creation. But Christ told Nicodemus in John Chapter 3, that unless a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. There is only one path to heaven. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man and He is our only hope for salvation. (I Timothy 2:5) We must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, through faith, and make an exchange. We exchange our sin, for His righteousness. (I Peter 3:18) This is the only way back to right standing with God; the only way to salvation, and the only acceptable sacrifice to God for atonement of sin. Through our faith in Christ, and God's grace and mercy, we are accepted into the family of God. (John 3:16) This is the salvation experience; the born again experience, and is the gospel or "good news" of Jesus Christ. When we accept Christ as Savior, His Holy Spirit unites with our dead spirit, and we are born again.... alive to God, and able to fellowship with Him for eternity. (see John Chapter 3)

If we reject His free gift of salvation, then sadly we have made an eternal choice for Hell. Hell is a real place, created by God for Satan, and his band of demons. God never intended his human creation to go to hell, but He does give us the free will to choose. A non-decision for Christ is also a decision for hell. Many people ask why a loving God would send anyone to hell. He doesn't....but He will honor each individual's choice. We must choose whom we will serve. Anyone who chooses to reject salvation through Christ alone, has made a decision for hell, and God will honor their choice. (see Christ's earthly story detailed in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and also see the book of Romans)

After Christ's work was completed on His first coming to earth, He ascended to heaven, where He sits at the right hand of God the Father. (Colossians 3:1) Jesus is awaiting the day when He will come again to restore order, and complete His restoration work at His second coming. (see the book of Revelation) He is coming again soon! The signs He gave us in His word are evident all around us. (see Matthew Chapter 24, Luke 21, Mark 13) It's time for a choice and we all have a decision to make...will we accept Christ, or will we choose our own eternal destiny in a place of torment and separation from God?

Last edited by brknangel on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: God's Love Story to You and Me...Continued   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 am

THE AGE OF GRACE

Now we live in the age of grace; commonly referred to as the church age. This is the time when Gentiles have been reconciled to God, through Christ's work on the cross. Salvation is free, and God's mercy rains down on all of us. One day He's coming again, in the clouds first; at the Rapture of the church, to gather all born again believers to Him. (I Corinthians 15:50-58, and I Thessalonians 4:13-18) Then He will reconcile the Jewish people to Him during the Tribulation period, before He returns glorious and victorious for His second coming. Jesus Christ will be King of kings and Lord of lords forever. (Revelation 19) Current events indicate that His second coming is soon. He loved you enough to die for you...He loves you too much to give up on you....won't you accept His free gift of pardon before it's too late?
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: IT'S YOUR CHOICE!!!   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:50 am

IT'S YOUR CHOICE!!!

One day we will all meet God, and stand before Christ as either our Savior, or our Judge. Salvation is simple in this age of grace, yet a loving God gave you and me the free will to choose Him. Won't you choose life? Won't you choose to accept God's offer of salvation, through His son, Jesus Christ? The choice is simple, and it is yours alone to make. There is one way to heaven and His name is Jesus. He loves you....He died for you...He wants you to be with Him for eternity.

What does it require to be saved?
1. Confess to God that you're a sinner and you're sorry you've sinned against Him.
2. Repent or turn away from your sin (God will empower you to do this in your Christian walk through the power of the Holy Spirit)
3. Acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and your Savior.
4. Accept His death as full payment for your sins.
5. Ask Him to forgive you for your sins, and to come into your heart, and be your Lord and Savior. (Then you receive His righteousness and reconciliation to God.
6. Ask Him to fill you to overflowing with His precious Holy Spirit.

You can do it in your own words or you can pray something like this...

Salvation Prayer:
Father God in heaven, I come to you, confessing that I am a sinner, who has sinned against you, and I need a Savior. I repent from my sins, and ask you to forgive me. I confess that Jesus Christ is your Son, and I believe that He died for me to provide a full pardon for my sins, and rose again that I might have everlasting life. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and I ask that You come into my heart, and be the Lord of my life. I pray that you will fill me to overflowing with the baptism of your precious Holy Spirit. Thank you God for the gift of Jesus, and thank you for saving me. In Jesus Precious name....Amen

If you prayed that prayer, or something similar to God...CONGRATULATIONS! You're born again...and a child of the Most High God. Welcome to the family! I encourage you to begin your walk with God by seeking a Bible believing church. Also, begin to read God's word, The Holy Bible, and ask Him to help you to understand, as you study and walk with Him. Prayer is our lifeline to God. Also, you may consider a confession of faith, and water baptism, as a public confession of your new faith in Christ. God loves you and so do we!!
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 am

To me, there is nothing any more satisfying in life than to tell others about the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I consider it an honor and priviledge to be counted as one of His witnesses. I love you Lord!
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am

This thread is good....I pray Lord that at least one person will read it and come to know you because of this witness of you.....help me to always tell others of your love, grace, and mercy. Your word shall not return unto you void. I love you Lord Jesus with all my heart....Love, Me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ   The Gospel of Jesus Christ Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gospel of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1