A place of open discussion.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Journey to a New Me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

Journey to a New Me Empty
PostSubject: Journey to a New Me   Journey to a New Me EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:27 am

Well gang...today is the start of a new journey for me. I've been very overweight all my life and I've been wanting to do something about it for years, but have never taken the initiative to really tackle this. I realize I am going to have to have God in the big middle of this to truly overcome this weight loss challenge. But I must! I've always been very healthy in spite of the weight...but now I'm beginning to have a few health concerns as I age. The bottom line is...I don't have time to be sick and I don't have time to feel handicapped anymore with all of this weight. I have way to much to do for God and for His kingdom, and besides...my kids and grandbabies need me around for a long time! Today...May 12, 2010 is my day to begin this journey. I will need the love, support and encouragement of those dearest to me. My sweet daughter L bought me some personal training sessions to get started. Today was my first session. My trainer's name is Heath and I like him a lot. He seems very nice and is in great shape. We spent the first hour going over a diet and exercise plan to get started. He gave me some paperwork and we made some goals. I am looking very forward to embarking on this new journey.

I wanted to start this blog to monitor my progress....and to share my thoughts, feelings, highs and lows here. Lord I need you most of all...so I lift up this day to you and this journey. Thank you for the opportunity that L has given me. Help me to stay strong, stay focused and to remember that I am more than conqueror through Christ who strengthens me.

May 12, 2010
Day 1:385 lbs
Workout: Initial resistance workout with Heath
Walked one mile tonight to R's house with the kids.
Heart rate: WNL for workout

Today's food
Breakfast
English muffin
with egg, bacon and cheese
Orange juice

Lunch
Applebees Salmon Dinner
Salmon and Broccoli with a bit of cheese sprinkles
Divided into two meals

Dinner
Grilled chicken salad
chicken, lettuce, eggs, tomatoe, onion, bleu cheese, cheese, honey mustard dressing...Ate 3/4 of the salad

Water all day but not my usual amount

Overall a good day and a good start. I know this will be my worst day. Heath says I have to make at least a two year commitment to lose the weight. I can do this. Thank you Lord for this precious day. I love you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Journey to a New Me   Journey to a New Me EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 am

you can just call her texastech here you know, thats what everyone will know her by
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Journey to a New Me   Journey to a New Me EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 am

Got sidetracked....need to get back on this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Journey to a New Me   Journey to a New Me EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Build a gym, I'll train you till you feel like your about to die. Naughty
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rocktalk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey to a New Me   Journey to a New Me Empty

Back to top Go down

Journey to a New Me
Page 1 of 1