Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a question...or a few actually

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

a question...or a few actually Empty
PostSubject: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 pm

i do have questions...cause even if i have every type of religion withing my family..i dont understand a lot of them,and i thought if i knew something more about them it would count more when i talk to them...cause every time they say to me to show them a flaw in their belief...i cant cause i dont know any..

my first question to start this off with..what is hinduism and what do they believe?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm

hey man...just to tell you brkn is not trying to avoid this question...for one we don't have a working computer (I have to use someone elses) and she is just trying to put the answer together
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:59 am

Ok hon....sorry it's been a while. I haven't been on here much...we've had some computer problems, and also I stay very busy with work and keeping the baby.

It's good that you're wanting to research the belief systems of those you love. It will make it easier for you to witness to them later if you know a bit about what they believe.

Hinduism is the third largest religion in the world and one of the oldest. It is the primary religion of the people in India, but it has spread to other parts of the world and some Americans have also embraced it. It is a complex religion ...but aren't they all? It has many different sects and they each believe a bit differently. But some of the basic things....they believe that all things are connected. That is why they don't like to kill anything...even insects. They believe in reincarnation and many lives. They believe if you are a bad human you may be reincarnated as an animal. The cycle of birth and death continues as long as there is bad karma in a person's life. The ultimate goal is to become one with the universe...to break free of the cycle of birth and death and to reach a state of nirvana...or one with the universe. Some sects believe the cow is sacred. They won't eat cows even though many of the people are starving. There are many gods in the religion....innumberable amounts. Some of them ascribe to Hari Krishna as being a major spiritual leader...sort of their Christ figure...but this varies depending on which sect they belong to. Yoga is an act of hindu worship...most people don't realize this...so that's pretty scary huh.

Once I witnessed to a Hindu man for several hours. He told me they also believe in Jesus...so not sure where that came from. He may be one of the multiple gods they worship. There is much spiritual darkness connected with this religion. In India, there are places where they will kill you for spreading the gospel. But much evangelism is also going on in India and has for years. This is just the tip of the iceburg on information about Hinduism, but I hope it's a start. Do you have any other questions? Love ya....keep in touch!
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

well..my hindu relative just wont listen to anyone who tells him that theres just 1 God
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am

hey..sorry tht brkn has not been on here in a while,but she's about to come back around to doing it regularly..she did tell me to tell you to pray for him for now,that the holy spirit would begin to convict him and soften his heart for your witnessing..she said she'd be on later to talk to you more about it.

Soda later man
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:33 am

Hi hon....sorry it's been a while since I've been here. Life has just been super busy for me the last year or so since my grandbaby was born. I am going to strive to be back out here on the forum more though, because I really want to develop this faith section of the forum and add a lot more information, testimonies, etc.
First of all, let's keep this thread about questions about other religions. I have another thread about the gospel of Jesus, and hopefully if you read that, you'll be able to explain to any unsaved person that Christ is the only way to heaven. I will be posting more detailed scriptures and explanations to help you and other believers begin to know how to witness to people of any faith. I know this is tough, especially when people have been in one particular type of religion all their lives and they just don't know any better.
One thing you can tell people is that, it doesn't matter if their religion works for them. There is one way that God has provided, and that sin was serious enough that He had to come and die for us Himself in the person of Jesus Christ. If there were another way to heaven, then Christ would not have had to die for our sins.
Do you have any other specific questions about Hinduism I can help you with? We can explore that one a bit more or you can ask questions about other religions if you want to. Be sure and check out the other sections of the forum where I have explained more about the doctrines of Christianity. The flaws in any religion other than biblical based Christianity are the same, and I will detail them in other sections.
In the mean time, while you're learning more about apologetics (which means defending the faith) you can pray specifically for each one that the Holy Spirit of God will begin to soften their hearts so that when you witness and present the gospel, they will begin to listen.
Love you....talk to you later! Ask more questions! a question...or a few actually Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a question...or a few actually   a question...or a few actually Empty

Back to top Go down

a question...or a few actually
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghost of Anarchy :: Faith Corner-
Jump to: