Ghost of Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of open discussion.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witnessing and Defending

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brknangel

brknangel

Witnessing and Defending Empty
PostSubject: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi all....I am starting this thread so that we can discuss how to witness about Christ to our friends and family, and also how we can defend our faith as Christians when people challenge us. I am not claiming to be a know it all, but over the years, God has granted me the opportunity to witness to many people and defend my faith numerous times with people of all faiths and even atheists. I'd like to use this thread to offer advice to others who may want to know some ideas about how to do it. Ya'll please feel free to come in here and ask questions. I'd love to share my experiences with you .....I love you all. We can even roleplay a little bit to practice if ya'll would like to...!! :givethumbs: :gcross:
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:55 pm

ah is this the answer to my emails?ok..so I'd like to start basic here,there are two members of my family who are athiests and I'd like to ask you exactly what to say to them
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:00 pm

First of all.....are you ready for a fight? Seriously....! Some atheists are very hard to witness to. Are you comfortable with bringing up the subject with them? Also sometimes our family members are the hardest ones to witness to because of our relationships with them. But it's definitely time to face our fears and get to talking about it. I believe Christ is coming again soon and there is not much time left. We have to get the word out, especially to those we love the most....we don't want anyone we love left behind. The Tribulation period will literally be "hell on earth."

Have you discussed any of this with them before or is this the first time you will approach them? I'll pray for you....this will definitely be challenging for you....but God will help you. Plus we're promised our families....by God. So the Holy Spirit will help you when you witness to those you love! You get to praying too....before you ever even start. Pray that God will soften their hearts and name them by name. Also pray that God will give you the right words, and remember God is a tough subject to discuss with most people. Don't let them hurt your feelings....they may with how they respond. I've had people hurt my feelings over and over....but it's too important to stop talking about it....you know?

Answer these questions first and then I'll give you advice on where to go from here. God bless you honey...truly Exclamation
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:03 pm

uhh...ok ill try to answer some..yes im ready if it means getting some athiests out..im not the one who really brings them up..its the first time that ill try to approach..cause they were always trying to convert me..ok what is the advice to say
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:37 am

Hey hon.....sorry it took me so long to answer your question. I have not been able to be online for a while because I have a new grandbaby! I have been helping my daughter with her....getting settled into a routine and all, and also my other daughter came back from West Texas just a week or so before the birth of the baby so I am also having to help her get settled into a lot of new things.....car, house, job, etc. Also I have a teenage son as you know and a husband and full time job ...... :D Anyway the point is...please be patient with me if it takes a while to answer your questions. I do care and I know this is a very important subject, especially with the signs of the times growing "crazier" all the time and pointing to the soon return of Jesus. :gcross:

Ok...now to your questions. You've never told me if these atheists are blood family members or some that have married into your family. That makes a lot of difference because it depends on who you're talking about as far as relationships go. If you'd like to PM me and tell me more specifically who you are asking about, instead of on the public view here ...that is always ok....but I'll leave that up to you.

You base your approach depending on the relationship you already have with the person you are witnessing to. For example....you're going to be more comfortable talking about this with some family members than with others. You say they are trying to convert you...to what ...atheism? I know they try to say they have no God but atheism is just as much a religion as any other. If it is another type of religion they are trying to convert you to...I can give a different type of answer...just let me know. :)

See honey....(and you can use this if you can get them to open up when they talk to you) God created all of us with a "God shaped hole" in our hearts. What I mean by this, is that we are all born sinners with an inherent need for a Savior and a need to be loved by God ...our Creator. We all know this as little children....if we are atheists....new age....etc, or any others that don't believe in God....then we have either been taught that....or have chosen to believe it. A lot of people don't want to be accountable to God, so they decide that there is no God and they decide to live for Satan....(whether or not they want to call it that...any choice that is not for Christ is for Satan, no matter what the name of the religion or the name of the god) There is only one way to God and Heaven and that is through our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Now remember ...you have to stand firm on the truth when you're witnessing to someone and DO go in expecting them to argue with you. When you are defending your faith...never get angry and always try to do it with love. In other words, try to make your words and tone of voice not come across as "holier than thou" or like you're trying to sound like you're better than anyone, because we're not. We're all just sinners in need of a Savior.

So...pray....and then think about who you're talking to. Assess each person individually. You have to witness to each person in a different way (if that makes sense, depending on their personality, your relationship with them....etc, etc...many other factors.) BTW, if you ever want to talk to me on the phone about this so I can give you more details, just PM me or tell my son and we'll arrange it somehow. I'd like for you two guys to get to know each other better anyway....but only if it is ok with your parents. I'll leave that up to you too. It may be easier though if we can talk on the phone so I can ask you more specific questions about who you're trying to talk to...etc and give one on one advice for each person. Again, I'll leave that up to you.....only if you're comfortable with it. If not, that's ok, it will NOT hurt my feelings ok Exclamation I just love you and I know you are sincere about wanting to help your family. In the mean time we'll continue this here too because it might help someone else too....and that's what I am the most interested in...getting everyone we know to accept the grace and knowledge of what Christ did for us.

Now remember....first you have to get an open door for discussion with whoever you're talking to. Start out building trust, etc...normal conversation...etc....nothing confrontational. Then here are some examples of what you could say. Hey (name of person). I want to talk to you about something that is weighing on my heart and is very important. (Remember each conversation depends on the things I've already told you)
It's always good to tell your testimony and what God has done for you. Tell them when you were saved...how...why....where, etc. Explain to them your need for a Savior (and don't be afraid to admit your mistakes and sins when you're talking to people....it makes it easier to talk to them about their sin if you admit your sin and we are all sinners.) I always tell people about the wonderful things God has done for me in my life. If you want more of these for examples....I'll write out my testimony in a thread on here. I've already shared a good bit of it here and there. Be sure and tell them if God has delivered you from anything (some of mine were sex addiction, lust, love of food which is called gluttony in the Bible, laziness....jealousy,...bitterness....lol....I have committed almost every sin in the book. Well at least the whole Ten Commandments...lol) See why I (and we all) need a Savior?

Here are the steps and I will elaborate later on each step....ok?
1) Get an open door for a conversation where there is no argument and they will listen to you....this make take a few minutes...a few days...weeks etc. But be persistent and always remember to keep praying and ask God to give you the right words to say to each person. The Bible promises us that He will do that.

2) Give your testimony

3) Show them they are a sinner too and in need of a Savior....(using the Ten Commandments) Be careful here not to offend them.. I will write more on how to do this part later.

4) Tell them about Jesus and what He did for us on the cross....how He died for each of us. I will find you some specific scriptures that point the way to salvation and how to defend each point you are making by scripture.

5) Tell them about hell.....be sure they understand it's either Heaven....or Hell.....and it's always our choice. It all depends on what Jesus did...not what we did. Tell them we can NEVER earn our way to heaven, no matter how good we are. There are many many good people in hell and many many very "bad" people by earth's standards in Heaven...and all because they accepted the free gift of Salvation offered by God through Christ.

6) Be sure and tell them there is no other way to heaven except through the blood of Jesus Christ. There are not "many paths to heaven" as popular culture would have us believe. I can give Scripture to back up all these points if you need me to. Be sure and get the point across that Hell is a very REAL place, and that you love them and don't want them to go there. Tell them you love them enough to tell them the truth and you are praying the Holy Spirit will open up their hearts so they can receive Christ and know that He is the Way ..the Truth and the Life.

7) If you can get them to pray with you...lead them through a short prayer...(the sinner's prayer....) I can help you with this later if you don't know how to lead them through a salvation prayer.

Cool After they're saved....be sure and tell them they need a Bible ( because that is God's instruction book for us) and a good Bible believing church. I can give examples if need be....remember there are lots of false teachers and a lot of deception going on right now, just as the Bible predicted because it is the end days and right before time for Christ to return.

9) If you know any Bible prophecy....use it too. Be sure and make them know Christ's return is imminent.....and we don't have much time left to get the word out before the Rapture. (Based on the signs of the times and Bible prophecy which I study all the time)

Good luck baby.....I love you and will pray for you. I hope this helps Exclamation Please feel free to ask any more questions because this is very important and it's also important to let other people read this who may need to witness to family or friends too. Please write soon and may God richly bless you. You are a very special young man. :D
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 1:44 am

for some idea of how much athiests will fight...you can do what I've always done....go into an athiest chatroom and challenge them a little Naughty

always works :dance:
Back to top Go down
https://rocktalk.forumotion.com
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:26 am

ok brkn..

BeatleMania wrote:
for some idea of how much athiests will fight...you can do what I've always done....go into an athiest chatroom and challenge them a little Naughty

always works :dance:
lmao...i might just try it later
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 am

True Linkin....lol. You could practice on strangers and see how well you can witness and defend before challenging your loved ones....good idea Beatle Exclamation :givethumbs:
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Twisted Evil [twisted evil laugh] Twisted Evil

have some fun with it there...it's always funny how they stumble on themselves and can't hardly type write they get so mad
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 pm

it works...dude your right...it hardly felt like an arguement cause i was laughing so hard....they really cant spell when they're mad
Back to top Go down
DarkNightmare

DarkNightmare

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm

ROFL just the thought lol!
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 am

Good job boys....just remember to keep your cool when you're debating an unbeliever. We are more of a positive witness if we do it in love....no matter how mad they get or how angry they make you....and believe me they know how to press your buttons. I've been in hundreds of debates with non believers. Also remember...it's not our job to save them...that is the job of the Holy Spirit. But it is our job to tell them and Christ will reward us someday when we stand before Him for witnessing of Him and standing up for what we believe in. I'm proud of you all and keep up the good work. You never know when you're really doing some good. If just one soul is brought to Christ from your efforts...think of how glorious that will be on the other side. Love you all.... Angelic
Back to top Go down
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 pm

My Sweet Girlie Friend...... your name should be AngelofAngels..... your compassion and love for others is an inspiration and truly a gift from God. I greatly admire your courage and intelligence.... but most of all, your tenacity in finding the good in all people, your patients and understanding coupled with your gentle caring nature is the reflection of Jesus Christ himself that lives in you..... you may be a little cracked on the surface at times.. (oops....lol.. not a good choice of words considering.....lol..... but you know my weird/warped sense of humor.. no pun intended actually....lol ).... but inside, in your passion and belief, you are rock solid and have the heart and soul of a great warrior..... one that is much needed and desired in our fight to bring lost souls to our Lord and Saviour. YOU ROCK ANGELofANGELS !!!!
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 4:50 am

Well thank you my dear, sweet friend. What wonderful and inspiring words! Thank you for your friendship and for your unconditional love and support in spite of my "cracked" shell. :D I am so glad that you are here with me now to help me spread the good news of our Lord and Savior. Won't it be fun to sit in heaven for eternity and remember the good times we had here on the earth. Friendships are forever.....love you always! I love you
Back to top Go down
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:32 am

When I said a little cracked...... I was actually refering to your brknangel screen name...lol.. it just struck me as a poor choice of words..... but decided you might get a laugh out of it anyway....... Love you.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:43 pm

I hear you....and did get a smile out of it...Thanks! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:18 pm

study ok
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 9:08 pm

But I will continue to witness...I get the opportunity online all the time. Wow...such sadness in this world when I hear people's stories. Some unbelievers become offended because as a Christian I care about them and their eternal destiny. I'm sure God's heart is broken too...Lord I can't even imagine how sad it must make you to be rejected by your own creation. As long as I will live I will glorify the name of Christ and even though I suffer persecution because of it...I will stand firm...the Bible says to consider it a great blessing when you are persecuted for the name of Christ for your reward in heaven is great.

So you guys hang in there with your witnessing efforts, it's definitely worth the struggle......love you all.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:53 am

Martini Head Banger - 2 Martini Head Banger - 2
Back to top Go down
LinkinParkRokr
Admin
LinkinParkRokr

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:04 pm

ok...despite how hard they were to talk to..my athiest relatives now know my stand and that im not going to just be the only quiet one at our parties now....but can i try an easier one...how about hindu..(dont know how to spell it)or buddhist...which one would be better?
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:16 am

Hmmm....they're separate religions but do have some similar beliefs...I'd study a bit about both...and the differences in those religions and the truth of Christianity ...and then go for it honey. Stand up for what you believe in and tell them the truth...in a loving way. I'll pray for you...Love ya.
Back to top Go down
brknangel

brknangel

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 am

OK guys....we need to get this thread going again. I was just reading over the other posts...there's some good stuff out here! Ya'll reread this stuff and let's get back to work....especially out here on our forum. We've all let our busy lives get in the way of the work we are called to do and this forum is part of it. Hey Rocker....you can even print out some of these suggestions and take them with you to witness....lol. Or let some of your family read what we've written here and if they have questions for me....I'll be glad to help you witness to them. I hope to see you again on here soon...and again...sorry I got sidetracked with life and have not been here much lately! I love you all!Witnessing and Defending 916288
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing and Defending   Witnessing and Defending Empty

Back to top Go down

Witnessing and Defending
Page 1 of 1